COROS POD 2 - RUN BEYOND THE LIMITS OF GPS
Meet the all-new COROS POD 2. A lightweight, water-resistant watch accessory that clips onto your shoe or waistband for next level running data accuracy. With optimized sensor hardware and intuitive software algorithms, the COROS POD 2 measures your run directly from your foot or body movements. It connects to your COROS watch to provide real-time data, so you can always train or race with the right information. GPS technology is amazing, BUT NOT PERFECT.
Tall buildings interfere with satellite data. Pace change can have up to 10 seconds delay. Indoor running is just guess work. OUR SOLUTION? The COROS POD 2 solves GPS watch technology's most common problems during running, including data lag, weak signal & satellite disruption. By tracking movement directly from your foot, the COROS POD 2 improves accuracy and pace sensitivity to help you train smarter and more efficiently.
- SAY GOODBYE TO DATA LAG - With the advanced accelerometer in the COROS POD 2, you'll receive data directly from your foot to create the most responsive pace displayed on your watch. The COROS POD 2 removes the up to 10-second delay caused by GPS watches wrist sensors. With the built-in pace alert, your COROS watch paired with the COROS POD 2 ensures you can stay within your targeted pace in nearly real-time, instead of waiting for your data to catch up, even when there is no GPS signal.
- MORE ACCURATE INDOORS - With accurate pace detection, the COROS POD 2 measures the exact distance you've run, even when indoors. By plotting the motion of your foot through space on an XYZ plane, the COROS POD 2 automatically calibrates itself to calculate your stride and the distance you've run on a treadmill, or an indoor track. COROS POD 2 will be your perfect training partner for indoor running workouts in winter, or when the weather is bad.
- MORE CONSISTENT IN THE CITIES - GPS technology can experience interference. Running through tunnels or the first few miles of the Chicago marathon between skyscrapers not only disrupts your watch's pace and distance data, but also creates messy GPS tracks. That's where the COROS POD 2 steps in. With data gathered from various internal sensors, the COROS POD 2 is able to auto-correct GPS disruptions such as pace spikes and drops. Your COROS watch works collaboratively with the COROS POD 2 to improve data consistency during your runs.
- MORE PRECISE IN HILLY TERRAIN - Not all running terrain is perfectly flat. Effort Pace is a unique COROS metric that tells you how hard you're actually working when on hilly terrain. With instantaneous data input from COROS POD 2, your Effort Pace becomes even more accurate. The COROS POD 2 makes your Effort Pace 5x more responsive than standard GPS, so you can make split-second decisions and better analyze your overall exertion once a workout has ended.
- The COROS POD 2 doesn’t stop there. It delivers advanced running metrics in a lightweight, sleek design that’s simple to use and will outlast your longest runs.
- EVEN MORE RUNNING INSIGHTS - Using smart detection of wearing position (shoe or waistband), the COROS POD 2 provides key metrics to help you better understand your running gait, form, and technique: Stride height, Left/Right Balance, Ground contact time & Stride ratio.
- MONITOR OUTSIDE TEMPERATURE - The COROS POD 2 records ambient temperature readings throughout your run, so you know exactly how hot or cold it was during your activity. You can use these data points to further analyze your runs as you train in different climates, or during different seasons.
- BATTERY LIFE YOU CAN'T BEAT - The COROS POD 2 is equipped with a powerful battery that stays charged for weeks. Coupled with the portable charging dock that supplies up to 5 full charges, you'll never have to worry about a low battery. +Up to 25 hours of continuous running. +Up to 150 hours of total running (with charging dock).
- LIGHWEIGHT & WEATHERPROOF - Weighing in at only 5.6g, you won't even notice you're wearing the COROS POD 2 when training or racing. Whether you're on the roads or in the mountains, the COROS POD 2 can withstand the elements, from below-freezing temperatures to high heat (14°F to 140°F / -10°C to 60°C), and stays water resistant up to 3 ATM.
WHAT'S IN THE BOX: The COROS POD 2 comes with everything you need, including two shoe clips, silicone waistband clip, charging dock, USB-A to USB-C charging cable and compact case.