It's finally time to teach your little one to ride! You want to make it a great memory, so you're looking for a bike that's comfortable, durable, and fun. Simplicity is key, and you want to be able to pop off the training wheels easily when the time is right. This kid-friendly bike has a handle integrated right into the saddle so you can help guide your child while they ride, plus a coaster brake and tool-less training wheels that can be installed and removed at the turn of a dial. Plus, the lightweight aluminum frame is easy to maneuver. You want to make sure your child's first bike is comfortable, durable, and fun. Each of our bikes, all the way down to the smallest size, is built to our highest standards, so you can feel confident when you choose Trek for your family.
Why you'll love it:
- This bike is a memory-maker: seeing your child ride their bike for the first time is something you'll never forget
- This bike is hand-me-down heaven: it's built to last, so younger siblings can inherit this bike and it'll still feel like new
- Investing in a kids' bike from an established bike brand is worth it—Trek kids' bikes are designed and assembled by people who know bikes
- You can replace the saddle's integrated handle with an integrated light mount when your child starts adventuring on their own
- Like all Precaliber bikes, the frame is lower so it's easier for kids to stand over and hop on and off
- Alpha Aluminum Frame - Trek's lightweight , high-performance aluminum is durable and rustproof.
- Coaster Brake - Speed control is all in the legs for the little ones.
- Single Speed - No shifting necessary, best kids bike for beginners
|Frame||Alpha Silver Aluminum, 16'' kids' frame size||Fork||Steel, 16'', threadless 1'' steerer|
|Front hub||Steel, 100mm bolt-on||Rear Hub||Coaster brake, 18T, 120mm bolt-on|
Alloy 16'', 28-hole, schrader valve
|Tyre||Bontrager XR1, wire bead, 27 tpi., 16x2.25''|
Alloy, 26T steel ring, chainguard, 89mm length
|Bottom Bracket||Square taper, 68mm, sealed cartridge|
Kids' Satellite, 9/16 thread
Kids' padded, integrated seatpost, with handle
Kids' steel, 25.4mm clamp, 80mm rise, 500mm width
Kids' grip, 107mm width
|Stem||Bontrager Approved alloy, 25.4mm clamp, 15 degree rise, 50mm|
Adjustable ball bearing
|Training Wheels||Trek Dialed 16"|