The first time on two wheels. An innovative and ultralight 12 inch balance bike designed for young children aged 18 months and over
The woom ORIGINAL 1 introduces children to the fun world of cycling. The balance bike is designed to enable toddlers to easily hop on and roll away. Even if a child has only just started to walk, the woom 1 helps them to gain confidence and a sense of balance on two wheels. Our superlight, innovative and high-quality children's bikes offer your child easy handling, intuitive movements and no end of safe riding fun.
- Innovative Frame Design - The superlight aluminium frame is the heart of the balance bike and ensures a fun and safe riding experience. Its geometry has been specifically designed for toddlers, with a low entry making it easy for even the youngest of riders to hop on and roll away. Thanks to the long seatpost and open seat tube the bike can be adjusted for a long time to fit your child as it grows.
Child-specific hand-operated brake - Learning to operate a rear brake as early as possible makes it easier later on to use brakes on a pedal bike and can prevent accidents. Our specially designed brake lever is easy to pull with small hands and requires little strength to bring the bike to a safe halt. This, combined with the ergonomically designed grips, make the process of stopping child's play.
- Knee-friendly stem - Our stem is the safe and lightweight connection between the handlebars and the headset. Thanks to its sleek, rounded design and recessed clamp bolt, the stem is a trusty "knee saver".
- Flexible Steering Limiter - The woom steering limiter is an important safety feature developed by us. It prevents the handlebars from overturning, helps children ride straight and therefore reduces the risk of accidents.
- Ergonomically Formed Saddle - The saddle is one of the most important points of contact between the child and the bike. It has a huge effect on the overall feel of the ride. That is why our saddle is designed to be a perfect fit for the pelvis of children in this age group and optimized for an upright riding position. Its scooped design is engineered to ensure continuous optimal support. In short, these features make our saddle the ultimate all-rounder for every position – whether your child is sitting, standing, or cruising at speed.
- Grippy Low Resistance Tyres - Tyres have a major influence on how a bike rides. That is why for the woom ORIGINAL 1 we have chosen high-quality, lightweight and grippy tyres with low rolling resistance. This ensures that children roll smoothly along while maintaining good grip whatever the terrain – tarmac, gravel or dirt. The reflective stripe on the side of the tyres ensures good visibility even in low-light conditions.
- Smartly Engineered Wheels - Well-built wheels are essential for a good ride, which is why these are engineered with smooth-rolling hubs, high-quality stainless steel spokes, and our exclusive rims aka the SOOPA-DOOPA-HOOPS. The extra narrow hub on the rear wheel ensures masses of leg clearance while riding.
- Surfboard Ready - The SURFBOARD Footrest lets kids put up their feet and feel like they're surfing the clouds. Fits the woom 1 as an optional accessory.
- Frame material: light, high-quality AA 6061 aluminium
- Maximum saddle height adjustability thanks to the open seatpost design
- Beginner geometry with 12″ wheels and easy handling: very low entry and very low sitting position, long wheelbase and forgiving steering geometry to provide good balance and more riding fun
- Wheels : Ultralight SOOPA DOOPA HOOPS aluminium rims
- Narrow, lightweight aluminium hubs with sealed bearings
- Extra narrow rear wheel hub for easy walking and running
- 16 lightweight, super strong stainless steel spokes, straight-laced
- Fork : Light unicrown fork made out of aluminium
- 1″ steerer tube
- Generous trail angle for easy handling
- Tyres : 12 x 1.35″ Schwalbe G-One Speed
- High-quality, very light tyres for low rolling resistance and maximum grip
- Car-type valves that can be inflated easily at petrol stations, where permitted
- Reflective stripes on the sides of the tyres for optimal visibility even in low-light conditions
- Headset : Fully-integrated 1″ headset
- Sealed industrial-grade bearings
- Integrated ahead clamp
- Steering Limiter : Superlight stem made out of forged aluminium 40 mm / +15°
- Saddle : Ergonomically designed to fit children's pelvis
- Handlebars : Wide, ergonomically adapted and light aluminium bars for more control, Sandblasted and anodised, 19 mm diameter grip Width 430mm
- Seatpost : Anodised aluminium seatpost with minimum, afety plug at the bottom
- Grips : Woom Ergogrips, child-friendly thanks to small
- Brakes : Woom Mini V-brake with braking power adapted for children
- Included Tools : 1 x 5 mm hex key for hubs, stem and seatpost clamp